ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Brooks <wbro...@lug.ee.calpoly.edu>
Subject writing the web application descriptor file from Ant
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 19:25:46 GMT
On Thu, 30 May 2002, Diane Holt wrote:

> Writing a task is certainly one way to do what you need doing -- but if
> you get stuck on something, you can also try writing the list, and it's
> likely that someone would be able to provide a solution (if nothing else,
> you may find someone has already written a task that'll do what you need).

Okay. I need a task that can write my web.xml (i.e., the Servlets 2.2 web
application descriptor file) dynamically, just like the <propertyfile>
task can.

I put some work into using the <style> task to do an XSLT transformation
on an existing web.xml file before deploying a .war file so that I could
set certain things such as <context-param>'s, but unfortunately, after a
transformation, the <!DOCTYPE web-app tag doesn't get carried over into
the new file, making the new file impossible to validate.

Have a suggestion for a task that can do this or should I write one?

Bill