ant-user mailing list archives

From ken...@keysolutions.com
Subject Re: OFFTOPIC! RE: IDEs vs. text editors, was RE: Borland Jbuilder f inally adds ant support (at a price)
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 16:19:13 GMT

On 05/21/2002 12:15:59 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> You mean like the jde speedbar class browser??  I'm not sure what
> twisties are or why triangles help you browse classes;-)  Tree views
> sure are handy though.

They usually in a smaller font to let you see more and you can
represent more using little graphics (public method, private,
static, runnable, etc.) next to an item in a treeview.
I didn't say Emacs didn't have something like that.  Just that I
find the graphics IDE treeview version of it more effective. ;-)

 ken