ant-user mailing list archives

From philipbor...@discoverfinancial.com
Subject Re: Request for listing on External Tools and Tasks page
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 16:27:53 GMT

WSAD is a piece of crap, but that is mainly because it is built on top of
Eclipse 1.0 which was a pretty immature product.  If you have looked at the
2.0 development streams, Eclipse is really becoming a solid IDE.  I am
using the M5 (milestone 5) stable release, but they have a newer F1 (freeze
1) stable build which is probably even a little better.  I would definately
take another look.  The plan is to release 2.0 final on June 28th, but the
eclipse team hasn't been all that great on meeting deadlines (to be fair
most projects aren't all that timely either) so I would expect it to be out
mid-July.

Check it out again, it has really improved a lot.

-Phil

                    "Erik Hatcher"

                    <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolu        To:     "Ant Users List"

                    tions.com>                       <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                     cc:

                    05/31/2002 10:12 AM              Subject:     Re: Request for listing
on
                    Please respond to "Ant           External Tools and Tasks page

                    Users List"

I'll take care of adding Eclipse to the IDE info.

But I have some questions:

- How are folks liking Eclipse's Ant integration?

- Can you jump from Ant Console errors to the corresponding lines of code?
(I could not in my trials)

- Where is the best source of information on Eclipse and Ant?  I had to
really dig to figure out how to get a simple <javac> to work (involved
adding tools.jar to the classpath, found that in the Eclipse archives deep
down - is there a better resource?)

I'm soured on Eclipse because of my horrific experiences with WSAD.... but
*want* to like it.  Maybe hearing of others experiences could convince me
keep working with it.

    Erik