ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: OFFTOPIC! RE: IDEs vs. text editors, was RE: Borland Jbuilder f inally adds ant support (at a price)
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 15:56:39 GMT

On 05/21/2002 01:18:32 AM, "Molitor, Stephen" wrote:
> Just wanted to point out that Emacs has more capabilities than many
> people realize.  Emacs, JDEE and Xrefactory is all I use to develop.

Thanks, Steve.
I was wondering about Emacs supermacros when I wrote
what I wrote :-)  I used it wayyy back for doing stuff like
reading mail, news, debugging C/C++ code, etc.

Looks great, but getting a high level view of the classes
and methods works a bit better using twisties (those triangular
thingies) to browse class hierarchies in a tree view IMHO.

You're right about Emacs users.  They're leagues beyond
notepad coders...even vi coders way back ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message