ant-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Celentano" <li...@joecelentano.com>
Subject RE: Borland Jbuilder finally adds ant support (at a price)
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 15:26:59 GMT

Hey all, I'm mostly a lurker, but had to jump in on this one...

I have to admit that after seeing how easy it is to create Entity EJBs from
a database schema with JBuilder, I'm considering picking up a copy just for
that functionality. It's just that the price tag is so absurd... Editing all
the EJB descriptor entries with the app-server specific entries in different
files looks SOOOOOO easy with a GUI environment. Maybe it's just because I'm
a little shaky with all the configuration options in them...

If I could get just that functionality- a sophisticated descriptor editor
that can create/edit the ejb-jar.xml, weblogic-ejb-jar.xml, etc. I wouldn't
have a need for these IDE's. I don't mean something like EJBGen which
requires you to know what you want in the first place... I mean something
more like what's in JBuilder.

Am I making too much out of this functionality or could I be considered
justified for having at least one copy of JBuilder around just for tasks
like this?

Joe