ant-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Celentano" <li...@joecelentano.com>
Subject RE: building with 3rd party libraries
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 17:29:35 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> > First, when creating a war or jar file, do you include all 3rd party
> > libraries necessary for your application to run/compile or not?
>
> yes for a WAR, no for a jar

Our app is is ultimately packaged in an EAR. I've been including all
dependent 3rd party libs in the manifest classpath for each webapp war and
ejb or common jar. So my ear might contain:

webapp1.war
webapp2.war
ejb.jar
common.jar
struts.jar
otherlib.jar

And each jar or war's manifest declares its dependency. I don't use the
WEB-INF/lib at all. Thus, no 3rd party libs are ever included in wars or
jars, just the final ear file.

Anybody have any comments or improvements on this?

Joe