ant-user mailing list archives

From "Julia Schneider" <juletr...@gmx.de>
Subject no memory left when executing ant.bat
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 13:37:40 GMT
Hi,

for an university lecture I've got to write an introduction into ant, but I
apparently don't even manage to install it correctly...:-(
I work with a GenuineIntel Pentium(r) II Processor Intel MMX(TM) Technology,
64 MB RAM. Windos98 is installed.
Everytime I execute ant.bat (without arguments for testing purpose), the
following error-message is shown (translated):

    >ant
    no memory left in environmental space
    no memory left in environmental space
    no memory left in environmental space
    command or filename not found

I unzipped the jakarta-ant-1.4.1-bin.zip file into c:\ant and set all
variables according to the manual.

My autoexec.bat:
   mode con codepage prepare=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
   mode con codepage select=850
   set CATALINA_HOME =C:\Tomcat4
   set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.4
   set ANT_HOME=C:\ant
   set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%ANT_HOME%\bin
   keyb gr,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\keyboard.sys

My jdk (Version1.4.0beta) runs perfectly and its classpath is set correctly.

I already increased the environmental memory in the property section of
ant.bat (and all of the other memories, I could find there) , but it
wouldn't help (same error message). I also increased the Virtual Memory, but
again it wouldn't help.

Is my System to old for ant? Did I do anything wrong?

A big thanks in advance,

desperate Julia Schneider