ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject condition logic in XML
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 13:18:01 GMT
Hi

Im finding it quite frustrating using a whole load of condition logic in
<condition>
tags etc.. just to
work out
whether or not tasks should be executed (and specifically, parts of tasks,
which I
dont seem to be able to do, so I have to split up "tasks" into mini-tasks so
I can
use the {if=""} and {unless=""} attributes on them.. this multiplies the
number of
tasks I've got hugely) Is there an easier way to do this at the moment? If
not,
would it worth be writing one- something like:

<if conditions="${prop1}=${prop2},${prop3}=${prop4}">
  <...  do stuff ...>
</if>

Should this message have gone to ant-dev instead?

Cheers
-Geoff