ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject multiple JVM compiling??
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 12:58:03 GMT
Hi,
Does anyone know of a good way to do multiple compiling in a single
script? By this I mean, I have some source which I need to compile
using JDK1.2.2, some source which I need to compile using JDK1.3
and some source which I need to compile using JDK1.4- but in the
same script, so I dont want to run ANT under different JVMs three
times. I've been using <exec> to do this so far, and calling the
remote java-compilers directly, but this is no longer a good
solution, and I've heard it is possible using tweaking of the
build.compiler property, but I havent got this to work at all.
Any ideas? My current source snippet is listed below.. I'm running
ant under JDK1.2.2

Thanks
Geoff Meakin
isocra.com

<!-- compile this with JDK1.2.2 for JDK1.1 -->
<javac target="1.1"
       bootclasspath="${LHOME}/build-libs/jdk1_1_8-classes.zip"
       extdirs=""
       destdir="${LHOME}/l1-classes"
       srcdir="${LHOME}/l1-java">
  <classpath>
    <path refid="${platform}.class.path"/>
    <pathelement path="${LHOME}/l1-classes"/>
  </classpath>
  <include name="**/*.java"/>
</javac>

<!-- compile this with JDK1.4 for JDK1.3 -->
<exec executable="${J4HOME}bin/javac.exe" dir="${LHOME}/l2-java">
  <arg value="-target"/>
  <arg value="1.3"/>
  <arg value="-d"/>
  <arg path="${LHOME}/l2-classes"/>