ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject RE: Could not create task of type: sql-generate due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 12:33:21 GMT
Hi Matt,

Two simple things to check if you havent already.. (I dont know, this
might be obvious!?)

* lib/Artemis.jar exists relative to your basedir as specified in your
project
  (not relative to ant installation directory) - or else specify absolute
path

* inside Artemis.jar, you have the *path structure* as well as the class
(i.e. if you jar -tf Artermis.jar, you'll get a line saying
edu/ou/kmi/artermis/SQLGenerator.class
(i.e. you havent just jarred up the SQLGenerator.class in the directory it
was
in)

Sorry if this is too obvious- thats the only ways I can get my taskdefs to
fail
in the same way.. As an alternative, you could always put the jar file
(providing
it has the correct directory structure) in the ANT/lib installation
directory
instead, and abandon the nested <classpath>

-Geoff