ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Mc Quillan" <john.mcquil...@openjawtech.com>
Subject RE: Accessing the individual files in the file list
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 18:47:07 GMT
I did try but couldn't make it work. So, I finally bit the bullet and made a
custom task.

Thanks

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: 29 May 2002 20:21
To: Ant Users List; john.mcquillan@openjawtech.com
Subject: Re: Accessing the individual files in the file list

--- John Mc Quillan <john.mcquillan@openjawtech.com> wrote:
> Is there a way in Ant to get at the individual files in the file list

Yes -- 'id' the <fileset>, then 'refid' that in <pathconvert>.

> A command line parameter allows the package name for output to be
> defined. What I'd like to do is set the package name to the name
> of the input file. Can I do this with a script?

That, or the ant-contrib <foreach> task.

> How would I get the file name in a script?

Once the set of files is in a property (as a list), you can reference that
property (in <foreach>) or get the value of the property (in <script>) and
step through it there.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)