ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <dbarc...@mercator.com>
Subject RE: How do I specify multiple Windows directories in one <propert y name> statement?
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 13:29:57 GMT

> From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
>
> --- Daniel Barclay <dbarclay@mercator.com> wrote:
> > Won't that fail if basedir is set to something like "C:\xyz"?\
>
> "Fail" in what sense? Where?

In the sense that the excised example would end up as something
like "C:\xyz\dir1:C:\xyz\dir2".  Wouldn't that cause a problem.

> > When you refer to "paths" above, do you mean pathnames or
> > search paths?
>
> I mean any attribute that expects a path -- ...

Actually, I was trying to point out the ambiguity of saying just "path."

People use "path" for the pathname to a file and for search paths (like
the Java class search path, executable search paths defined by environment
variable PATH in Unix and DOS, Ant <path...> constructs, etc.).

Occasionally using the full forms ("search path", "pathname") might help
clarify things to readers.

Daniel