ant-user mailing list archives

From "Johannesmeyer, Marcus CWT-MSP" <>
Subject RE: PaternSet problems
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 16:54:24 GMT

I'm trying to learn ant and thought I would try to copy your test but can't
seem to get it to work.  It looks like the fileset gets the paths from the
"include" but not the "includesfile".  The unused.files property does not
get set at all.  What am I missing?

ant code:
    <fileset id="unused_files" dir="${basedir}/implementation">
	  <includesfile name="file_list.txt"/>
	  <include name="**/"/>
   <target name="test">
	  <pathconvert pathsep="," property="unused.files"

ant -debug: (last few lines)
FileSet: Setup file scanner in dir
sk\implementation with patternSet{ includes: [**/,
**/majTestfil] excludes: [] }
[pathconvert] Set property unused.files =
Setting project property: unused.files ->

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Hassan []
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:08 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: PaternSet problems

Thanks Diane. I was starting to feel neglected :(

I have resolved this with a few exceptions... there are still 4 files out of
200+ that were not matched. Shouldn't be a problem finding out were the
problem is here.

At first echo wasn't writing anything. That was only because all paths
weren't resolved properly so unused.files was empty.

It was failing because my paths began with '/'. I assumed this would resolve
to the root as specified in <fileset> dir property. This doesn't seem to be
the case though.

Secondly, the paths are case-sensitive. Usually java doesn't have any
problems with case when resolving paths in Windows.

Thanks again,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>