ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Re: Driver Attribute of SQL Task should not be required
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 19:22:51 GMT

On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 10:51  AM, Steve Loughran wrote:

> [...]

The nice thing about having it be a property is that you can always grab
an environment variable to fill out that property within ant, and
depending on how you write your build.xml, the environment can either
override or be overridden by properties specified by the user.

<property file="user.properties">
<property environment="env">
jdbc.drivers = env.jdbc.drivers

which will mean that if the user sets it in user.properties, they get
that one, regardless of the environment variable.  By reversing the
order of the property tasks, you get the other behavior.

Scott