ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Some New Ant Tasks
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 07:19:56 GMT
> I've recently published some simple ant tasks I use for
> automated builds of
> Jera Design software.
>
> "Query" puts up a small AWT dialog to prompt you for
> information (such as
> passwords) that you don't want to put in your "build.xml" file.

I believe the new input framework is now in place. I don't know if there's an AWT flavour
of it, but that would be the best place to put it.

> "MainClass" adds a "Main-Class:" attribute to a specified JAR
> file, making the JAR file executable on most platforms that have a Java 2
> runtime installed.

I believe this can easily be done using a jar task with an embedded manifest data type.

> "IncVersion" increments a version number stored in a text file.  It's
> especially useful when paired with....

There's a BuildNumber task already. If IncVersion has any more features, perhaps they could
be added to the existing task?

> "JnlpVersion" which updates the version of a JAR file entry in a JNLP
> file.  By using the version feature in JNLP, you can make
> your Java Web Start update checks run much faster.

See above. Again, if there's something in your version which isn't in the core Ant tasks,
please submit a patch.

Jon