ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Re: depend 1.5 not handling nonpublic classes?
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 17:51:21 GMT

On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 10:41  AM, Scott Ellsworth wrote:

> I have some code that compiled without warnings in 1.4.1.  After moving
> to 1.5, I am getting warnings about "has not been deleted because its
> source file could not be found" for certain package protected classes
> defined in the same file with the public class that uses them.

RATS!

Reread the docs for "depend":

"Non public classes cause two problems. Firstly depend cannot relate the
class file to a source file."

I had remembered this as only impacting static constants, not extra
non-public classes defined in the same file.

Any chance someone is working on the "In the future this may be
addressed using the source file attribute in the classfile" enhancement
suggested in the documentation?

Scott