ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Bailey" <ch...@wego.com>
Subject How to compile one package in common root?
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 16:36:01 GMT
I saw the note under the javac task in the Ant docs, and I also searched the
mailing list archives, so I apologize if this has been covered (if so, and
you can point me to the thread in the archives, thanks in advance!)...

I am converting a project that uses make to Ant.  The code is not as well
organized and separated as we'd like...  There is a common source root.
Then, we have a package under that that is actually some
"compilers"/translators we use to transform XML into Java code.  However,
these compilers also make use of other source files in the common source, so
I can't easily separate them out.  But, I need to compile these before the
rest of the code, so that I can use them to process some of the XML and turn
that into java, and then let all the non-compiler Java source files get
compiled.

I had planned to create a top level/root build.xml that does the normal
build, and a build-compilers.xml that built the compilers (build.xml would
call build-compilers before doing it's compile task).  But, I can't seem to
get the includes/srcdir/src/excludes stuff right for the build-compilers.xml
build file.  Can someone explain the best way to do this?  I am also open to
other ways of achieving this...

____
Chris Bailey       mailto:chris@codeintensity.com
Code Intensity       http://www.codeintensity.com
Voice: 916-415-0471             FAX: 508-267-5841