ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Bailey" <ch...@codeintensity.com>
Subject RE: default includes of <javac> task
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 18:38:46 GMT
I agree on the first part, I had the same thing (where Ant tells me it's
skipping all sorts of non .java files).  Adding the include for .java files
is easy, but yes, the docs don't reveal this, and you only notice it if you
are in verbose mode, but it certain slows things down (if you have a lot of
non .java files mixed in).

-----Original Message-----
From: Wannheden, Knut [mailto:knut.wannheden@paranor.ch]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 6:13 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: default includes of <javac> task

Hi,

In the manual it is stated that if the "includes" attribute is omitted for
the <javac> task, all .java files are included.

If this is interpreted as "the default value is **/*.java" then the
documentation is not entirely correct.  I find it somewhat annoying that
<javac> outputs (in verbose mode) lines of the form:

	Foo.properties skipped - don't know how to handle it

for all files with different extension than .java.  So to avoid this i set
the value to **/*.java.

Another question: The behaviour of most Ant tasks when called with a
<fileset> not matching any files seems to be to don't do anything.  Maybe
the tasks should in verbose mode output a message that there is nothing to
do.  What do you think?

Regards,

--
knut