ant-user mailing list archives

From Siamack Farshi <sfar...@724.com>
Subject Javadoc problem
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 14:38:29 GMT

Hello Everyone:

I was hoping that someone can be kind enough to help me out with the
problem I am experiencing with javadoc[I had a couple of emails but
of no help, though I appreciate them all]:

I run the following command fromt the command line,
it works fine:

javadoc -d E:\Temp -sourcepath D:\project\proj1\src com.xxx.zzz

I have a directory structure as follows (my build.xml resides at
D\project, The above command is to create javadoc for
only one of the subprojects,namely proj1.):

D:\
|_project (my build.xml resides in here)
	|_proj1
		|_ src
			|_ com
				|_xxx
					|_zzz	(java files are here)
	|_proj2
		|_ src
			|_ com
				|_xxx
					|_yyy	(java files are here)
	|_proj3
		|_ src
			|_ com
				|_xxx
					|_mmm	(java files are here)

I am translating the above command into ant structure as follows,
But IT DOES NOT WORK!! ( my build.xm is in D:\project)

	<target name="mkdoc" depends="init,cleandoc,prepare">
		<javadoc destdir="${docsdir}"
			Verbose="true"
			sourcepath="${basedir}/proj1/src"
			packagenames="com.xxx.zzz.*"
			classpathref="project.classpath"
			excludepackagenames="com.xxx.zzz.test.*"
			defaultexcludes="yes" />
	</target>

When I run mkdoc target, I get the following errors[It also makes no
difference if I have set Verbose=true or not, I get no more extra
feedback]:

  [javadoc] javadoc: No package, class, or source file found named
D:\project
proj1\src.

 and

   [javadoc] 2 errors
 [javadoc] javadoc: No package, class, or source file found named
com.xxx.zzz.

I would greatly appreciate your replies in advance,
regards,