ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mallampati, Suresh" <SMallamp...@erac.com>
Subject RE: issue with the Mail task
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 15:42:38 GMT
Well.. the documentation didnt say (atleast I wasnt able to find) that it
would evaluate properties in the subject field. It didnt either for the
message. So when it worked for the subject, I assumed it would work for the
message. I also came across a few examples, I think sometime back on this
list, where properties where used both in subject and message, donno if they
were working examples or someone just jotted them down.

Cheers,
Suresh
ps: I never called it a bug :-) was just enquiring if this was the desired
behaviour.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 1:35 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: issue with the Mail task

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Suresh Mallampati <SMallampati@erac.com> wrote:

> looks like the property is evaluated and replaced by the value in
> the subject of the mail.  But its not evaluated in the message
> body.

Does the documentation claim it would?

There are a couple of tasks where properties get expanded inside
nested text and a couple of tasks where they are not expanded.  Now
that Steve has sanitized the property expanding code it is rather
unlikely that we'd break old builds when we add property expansion
where they didn't get expanded in the past (but still possible).

I wouldn't call it a bug but a very valid enhancement request 8-)

Stefan