ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sayatovic, Brian" <Brian.Sayato...@divine.com>
Subject Versioning
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 12:47:46 GMT
Any tips on handling versioning?  I need to maintain a x.x.x.x.ddd versioning scheme. The first
four x's have to have a 0-15 range and the final ddd can have any decimal value.  With this
version information, I need to:

	- Append it to the jar name
	- Have it available in Ant for source control labelling
	- Have a target to increment the version

And I want to:

	- Have it available programatically

My attempt this far is to have the values in a property file that Ant can read and also be
embedded in the Jar for reading at runtime.  But I'm having trouble automatically incrementing
the version.  I've noticed the "BuildNumbers" tasks, as well as "Property" task.  The former
only deal with a single number (whereas I have multiple), and the latter appears to only support
arithmetic for dates, not decimal values.

My goal is to keep it as close to core/optional ant as possible.  BUt if there is nothing
else, I might look into the scripting tasks.

Any auggestions?

Regards,
Brian.

--