ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Help on outputproperty
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 17:32:33 GMT
Here's a thought: This sounds like a job for the new <filterchain>.

Output the command to a file. Then use <ReplaceRegEx> (there's no such beast
right now, just a LineContainsRegEx, and a ReplaceToken) to transform the
output to the desired output. I guess one could also write a custom filter
specifically for that.

BTW, I found online doc on <filterchain> in the Concepts section, which says
<copy> (and other tasks) can use it, but there's no mention about (I could
see) in <copy> or <move> or ...

Similarly, I didn't a reference to <selector> in <fileset>...

Finally, a 'not likely to get accepted' idea: Why not allow inside <fileset>
(or maybe <filelist>) a command that returns the list of files, with maybe a
regex format that specify where's the filename in the output. That would
allow something like:

  <filelist id="files-to-exclude"
            regexformat="^\(.*\)$">
    <exec executable="cleartool" >
      <arg line="lsprivate -other -invob /frem_docs" />
    </exec>
  </filelist>

and require having <fileset> be able to accept a <filelist> for an exclude
list.

--DD