ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: convert classpath to variable?
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 20:02:20 GMT
See <property refid="base.classpath" />, or <pathconvert> special cases.
--DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Schewe [mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 2:57 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: convert classpath to variable?

I've got my classpath built up inside ant with a <path id="base.classpath">
statement.  This works great for javadoc, junit and java tasks.  However
I've
got an application, jtest, that doesn't have a task definition for it, so
I'm
using the exec task and I need to pass a classpath to it, but want to avoid
coding the classpath in two places in the build file.  Is it possible for
ant
to do this conversion for me, or do I need to write a task definition?

PS.  Yes I know that JTest ships with a task for ant, however it doesn't
expose all of the commandline options and doesn't do anything more than just
execing jtest from the commandline.
--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe