ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Pearce" <mpea...@digitas.com>
Subject Ant for multi-tier deployments
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 17:10:00 GMT
Impressed with how easy Ant is to use, I am wondering have others on this list used it to do
multi-tier deployments. By this I mean deploying a fileset to a server which then causes knock-on
updates to other servers. Do such builds have to be conducted from one Ant process or can
Ant be run in a daemon mode that responds to incoming builds events by starting another tier
of builds.

Interwoven OpenDeploy is a proprietary tool that can do these multi-tier or fan-style deployments.
It is conceptually similar to Ant, but the user interface is horrid IMHO by comparison with
Ant IDE extensions like Antrunner..

If Ant or any projects built on Ant are capable of similar functionality, would you let me
know.

Thanks

Matt