ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Re: "if" task - ant-contrib needs nightlies :-)
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 16:05:53 GMT

On Thursday, May 2, 2002, at 12:09  AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Scott Ellsworth <scott@alodar.com> wrote:
>
>> I suspect that the resistance to ant-contrib would be lowered if
>> there were a downloadable zip or gz file with the jar and the
>> properties neatly boxed up.
>
> Wrong list 8-)  Even if two of the five people with write access to the
> ant-contrib project are Ant committers as well, it is an independent
> project.

True enough - I should have remembered that after the license change of
a few months ago.

> I'll propose a first release of ant-contrib shortly.  I was waiting
> for Ant 1.5beta as most of the tasks in ant-contrib don't really work
> with 1.4.1.

Works for me.  Thanks!  (I, too, have been kind of holding a few
projects in abeyance until 1.5 had a known beta - easier to direct
clients to the download.)

>> Things in the core or optional side inherit the nightly GUMP builds
>> automatically.
>
> Speaking of GUMP builds, ant-contrib is in Gump, which means you can
> download the latest jars from <http://gump.covalent.net/jars/> - just
> go to <http://jakarta.apache.org/gump/> and click on the Jars link.

Hee.  This is pretty neat.  Thanks for the pointer.

Scott