ant-user mailing list archives

From Sujan Digumarti <Sujan.Diguma...@india.techspan.com>
Subject RE: file dependencies and sourcepath
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 07:06:54 GMT
Finally someone has this problem.
I had the same problem and this forced me to call the javac using exec.

This is actually very strange. Using javac from the command line does
compile any .java files lying the classpath if you are compiling a class
which uses those files.

But the same thing does not happen with ant 1.4.1. I think this is a bug

Rgds,
Sujan

-----Original Message-----
From: Cristian Caprar [mailto:ccaprar@iquestint.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 12:33 PM
To: Jakarta-Ant
Subject: file dependencies and sourcepath

Hi everybody.

In short: I have folders a and b, a contains a.java (no package), b contains
b.java (again no package). class a depends on class b. I try to compile the
module for a ( b is in another module). Even if I put b in the classpath of
javac task in and build.xml when compiling module for a, it complains that
it can't find the definition for b. If i compile b.java and the class is
there, then it works.

The interesting part is that trying to run javac directly from the command
line (to compile a.java) and placing b in the classpath argument works
perfectly.

Do you have any more ideas about the problem? Maybe I can get a solution.

Thanks and regards,
Cristian
iQuest (www.iquestint.com)