ant-user mailing list archives

From "Koegel, Michael" <Michael.Koe...@partner.commerzbank.com>
Subject AW: ANT on z/OS
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 11:01:58 GMT
z/OS is what I get for os.name. On older systems it will be OS/390.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to guess that env is on the PATH as a last
try before bailing out.
The OVMS on z/OS should act like a regular Unix System with very minor
changes. I don't know how it behaves when run in batch mode, but I probably
will have to find out soon.

I'm going to switch to ANT 1.5 Beta today.

Regards,
 Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 7. Mai 2002 12:06
An: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: ANT on z/OS

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Michael Koegel
<Michael.Koegel@partner.commerzbank.com> wrote:

> What else would I have to change for z/OS? Which parts of ANT are
> system dependend?

We probably need to get the <os> condition give support for it in the
first place.

What does the system property os.name look like?

It seems Ant considers z/OS to be a Unix type system, this applies to
code that creates absolute paths or converts PATH like variables and
so on.  You may find that Ant needs adjustments here as well.

If you can give us the value of os.name, making Ant use /bin/env on
z/OS would be a trivial fix that we could put into the beta2 release
of Ant.

Stefan