ant-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Grey <KG...@dynamicsoft.com>
Subject RE: newbie - help
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 18:41:14 GMT

You can tag an already checked out version of the code using:
<cvs command=" tag -R -d ${tag.name} ${module.name}"/>

Or you can tag the tree in the repository without checking it out using:

<cvs command="-q rtag -R -F ${tag.name} ${module.name}"/>

You can also invoke these CVS commands directly using the <exec/> task.

~~K

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry King [mailto:takmrk2002@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 2:32 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: newbie - help

Hi, we just started using ant for automating builds.  We are using 1.4.1.  I
now have a master build that checks out each of our 4 projects, runs
build.xml for each, creates a zip file, copies it to the appropriate
directory, and sends an email regarding the success of the build.   This is
all done through a command line.  What I would like to do is to checkout the
files, and actually tag them with a version number for a release build once
a week.  Is this possible?  Thanks in advance.

Terry