ant-user mailing list archives

From raghaven...@hss.hns.com
Subject setting environment variables using ant
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 14:09:40 GMT

Hi,
I have been using ant for a month or so and find it very useful and cool.
I am not able to solve the following problem for a couple of days...

I want to set Environment variables from ANT. Say ... I want to run a java
program. The usage should be

e:\> ant setclasspath     (setclasspath is the target which should set the
classpath appropriately)

This target should set the classpath variable to some string in the
build.xml (it could be a variable/property). Next I should be able to do
the following

e:\> java MyProgram    (classpath should be set to access MyProgram in the
previous step).

I am sure guys out here must have used ant extensively. Would be glad to
receive suggestions on doing this.

Thanks.

Regards,
Raghu