ant-user mailing list archives

From Ray Tayek <rta...@attbi.com>
Subject ant and cvs directory structure?
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 07:33:59 GMT
hi, new to cvs (used to rcs), trying to grok a rational tree structure for
cvs. seems like packages hang out in com.foo.packageName... so we have a
list of these for each project and perhaps a few odds and ends in the
default package. so it would seem that cvsroot looks like:

cvsroot/
         project1/
                 com.foo.product1.bar
                 com.foo.prodecut2.baz
                 com.tayek.product1...
                 org.quux.product 1...
         project2/...

but this would scatter/duplicate the stuff from com.foo in many places.

so perhaps the following is indicated:

cvsroot/
         com.foo.product1...
         com.foo.product2...
         org.quux.product1...
         com.tayek.product1...
         project1...
                 package1...
         project2

i figure that you might have test projects for each com.foo.productX and
that most of the stuff in com.foo.productX be used as a jar in my projects.
but my own source (the stuff under tayek.com)  or stuff that i am hacking
at probably wants to be copied into each project in many cases. i suppose
the answer is to have ant get the stuff using a few cvs co's?

what do you people usually do?

thanks

---
ray tayek http://home.attbi.com/~rtayek/