ant-user mailing list archives

From John Brewer <jbre...@jera.com>
Subject Some New Ant Tasks
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 06:02:21 GMT
I've recently published some simple ant tasks I use for automated builds of
Jera Design software.

"Query" puts up a small AWT dialog to prompt you for information (such as
passwords) that you don't want to put in your "build.xml" file.

"MainClass" adds a "Main-Class:" attribute to a specified JAR file, making
the JAR file executable on most platforms that have a Java 2 runtime installed.

"IncVersion" increments a version number stored in a text file.  It's
especially useful when paired with....

"JnlpVersion" which updates the version of a JAR file entry in a JNLP
file.  By using the version feature in JNLP, you can make your Java Web
Start update checks run much faster.

You can find these Ant tasks, along with their source at:

http://www.jera.com/tools/anttasks/

Let me know what you think.

John Brewer
Jera Design