ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hodgetts <...@zzyzxtek.com>
Subject Re: jspc
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 17:30:24 GMT
Peter Choe wrote:

 > i have read that javac of jdk1.4 has a memory leak and to prevent this from
 > happening, i should precompile my jsp codes with <jspc>. i have ant
 > 1.4.1. when i try to run a build.xml file with <jspc> i get:

I'm curious about this memory leak. Do you have a reference to
something you read that describes it?  How will precompiling with
jspc prevent it?

 > /export/home/tomcat/webapps/peter/WEB-INF/build.xml:46: Could not create
 > task of type: jspc. Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your
 > task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib
 > directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME).
 >
 > i have the optional.jar file in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory. when i tried
 > to see the optional.jar file i didn't see anything about jspc class. is it
 > not fully implemented yet?

I don't think it's in 1.4.1, but it's in the 1.5 beta.  Do you
have the Jasper jars in the classpath?

Regards,
Paul
-----
Paul Hodgetts -- Principal Consultant
Agile Logic -- www.agilelogic.com
Training, Mentoring, Development -- Agile Processes, XP, Java, J2EE, C++