ant-user mailing list archives

From Levente Farkas <lfar...@mindmaker.hu>
Subject Re: why rmic task doesn't support selector? + others
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 17:51:43 GMT
Bruce Atherton wrote:

> At 09:45 AM 5/28/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >will it be fix in the near future? and will be such attribute added to the
> >rmic task?
>
> I hope so. I've written the fix and am just testing it now. I'll submit it
> to the other Ant Developers tonight, and we'll see if it is accepted for
> the Beta 2 release. Time is tight, though, and this change affects quite a
> few tasks so it may not make it in. We'll see.

thanks.

> >I implement such a selector, but IMHO it'd be VERY useful to add it as an
> >attribute:
>
> Interesting idea for a selector. What are the use cases?

what is the most often used fileset with rmic?
those classes which implements Remote and not an interface. and how can
I select them now? there is no way to do so:-(
currently I have to choose a naming convension for my classes and then
select by name or list all of them. none of the above is a solution since
when I add a new Remote class I have to think about my ant script too:-(
but I there is such a selector, then make it a bit more general or give
another attribute for rmic (for this purpose).

another problem with <path> that dirset is not supported:-(
if I'd like to make a classpath with refid I've to make a path (since

another problem that classpathref is NEVER documented.

another useful feature would be to make selector which is based on a class
dependecies. i.e. I'd like to create jar file for MyMain.class but of course
this class use a branch of other class but I wouldn't like to select these
classes by hand. eg. there is a server-client app. and I'd like to create
a jar for the server and one for the client but of couse I have in the same
hierarhy both and (most probably the two jar has intersection). in this case
I'd like to create to target one for the client and one for the server.