ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5beta1 - javac task - compiling classes it shouldn't
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 11:03:34 GMT
Giles,

javac (the underlying compiler - not the task) will pick up classes you have
not explicitly specified if it requires them to satisfy a dependency in the
code you are compiling or it detects that such classes are out of date.

One thing to try is to move the offending Java classes somewhere out of
javac's reach. It should then complain about the classes it can no longer
find and your dependency will be revealed.

> In case you are wondering, I am using multiple build files like this to avoid having
one honking great build file. I am using ant 1.5beta1 because when I tried using ant 1.4.1,
I couldn't get the classpath reference to be passed through to the sub-project build files.

Classpaths can be converted to properties in 1.4.1, passed as a property and
then a path constructed in the subbuild. Not pretty but a reasonable
workaround. Nevertheless using the beta is good :-)

Cheers
Conor