ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: How do I verify actual command?
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 03:34:19 GMT
Bob Byron wrote:
> I want to verify the actual javac command being executed by
> ant.  If I can see the actual command, I can get a better idea
> of what I am doing wrong.  Everytime it compiles, it is not
> seeing a jar that I have included.

Run ant with -debug flag. There will be copious output so prepare to use
something like less to manage the output. IN that lot you should see the
javac command arguments.

> Also, is there a way to echo a path to the screen.  I have
> built a path that I subsequently reference, how can I verify
> that I built it correctly if I can't see the result?

Create a property by reference

<path id="path.id" ...>

<property name="pathvalue" refid="path.id"/>

Then echo the property value.

Conor