ant-user mailing list archives

From Ian Atkin <ianat...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: javadoc, package comments
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 12:48:36 GMT
my mistake, here's what i think is going on:-

use="true" means that "use pages" will be written by javadoc for each
package and class, it has nothing to do with this, sorry

javadocs default behaviour is to treat every package.html file in a dir
with java sources as a "package comment" and write it into the package
page (this happens without any attribs on <javadoc>), just as it will
copy anything in a "doc-files" sub-dir

if you want your top-level package (that often has no sources in it) to
have such a package comment use the "overview file", ie
overview="[FILENAME]"

hope this helps,

ian