ant-user mailing list archives

From Dan Christopherson <da...@nvisia.com>
Subject Re: Running executables asynchronously using exec
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 21:44:41 GMT
Ravi Dodla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using exec to call these scripts ... but the problem is that exec
> doesnt have a fork equivalent and thus
> the appserver runs as part of the Ant process ..

Not exactly. exec doesn't have a fork equivalent because it inherently
forks. It's just waiting for the forked process to complete.
Unfortunately, exec doesn't have any way to tell it not to wait for
completion. That'd be a nice enhancement, in my book.

-danch

Disclaimer:
All statements are my own, personal opinions and have nothing to do
with the opinions of employer, wife, or cat. They may not have anything
to do with objective reality, as a matter of fact. Your Milage May Vary,
Excludes Delivery Charges, etc.