ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: ANT Not Working - WIN2000 - j2sdk1.4.0
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 04:48:17 GMT

BlyonsJ2EE@aol.com wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response.  It is already in my path and unfortunately I
> do not know how to invoke with a fully qualified path because I am confused
> by the command line options given in the documentation.  I think you mean ant
> -buildfile c:\ANT\jakarta-ant-1.3\bin\ant.bat but am not sure.

This message
"'ant is not recognized as an internal or external command'."

means that Ant is not in your path. I see that %ANT_HOME%/bin is in your
path (although you called it classpath)

There are three possibilities
1. ANT_HOME is not set to the location of Ant's install directory
2. The launch script, ant.bat, is not in Ant's bin directory
3. ANT_HOME is not being resolved by Windows. This happens sometimes.

Try these things

1. echo %ANT_HOME%

What does it say?

2. dir %ANT_HOME%/bin

Does it sow ant.bat?

3. If these look OK, try setting your path now with

set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%/bin

Try again.

Let us know what happens.
Conor