ant-user mailing list archives

From Dan Christopherson <da...@nvisia.com>
Subject Re: Command Line Arguments - java with quotes around an arg
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 16:07:22 GMT
Try using jvmarg rather than arg. Don't worry about the quotes, you
shouldn't need them.

-danch

robert rowntree wrote:
> i can't figure out the quotes issue at all for a Java command.
>
> i need "-DxmlFile=rpcServiceProperties.xml"  with the quotes in the java
> command line
>
> using Ant constructions at the bottom, i can only get ANT to produce the
> following 2 syntax , both wrong:
>
> #1  -DxmlFile=rpcServiceProperties.xml
>
> #2  '"-DxmlFile=rpcServiceProperties.xml"'
>
> The first one fails because the quotes are missing
>
> The second fails because there are extra quotes
>
> *** ANT Syntax that I tried ***
>
>    <arg value='"-DxmlFile=rpcServiceProperties.xml"'/>
>
>    <arg value="&quote;-DxmlFile=rpcServiceProperties.xml&quote;"/>
>
>    <arg value="-DxmlFile=rpcServiceProperties.xml"/>
>
>    <arg value="-D"/> <arg path="xmlFile=rpcServiceProperties.xml"/>
>

> --

Disclaimer:
All statements are my own, personal opinions and have nothing to do
with the opinions of employer, wife, or cat. They may not have anything
to do with objective reality, as a matter of fact. Your Milage May Vary,
Excludes Delivery Charges, etc.