ant-user mailing list archives

From Dan Christopherson <da...@nvisia.com>
Subject Re: How do I force ant to fail?
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 16:46:10 GMT
I'm hardly a 'heavyweight' but I believe that (and the docs indicate
that) <jvmarg> just goes on the command line before the classname, as
opposed to <arg> which goes after (passed to the called Java program.
<sysproperty> _does_ do the equivalent of -Dname=value. <env> sets an
environment variable. My question is _why_ doesn't env work for <java>
where fork="yes"?

-danch

Kyle Adams wrote:
> Hmm... my impression from the Ant 1.4.1 manual was that <jvmarg> ends up as a -Dname=value
on the command line after java.exe (but obviously before whatever class is being called),
and <sysproperty>, to quote, "specify system properties required by the class."