ant-user mailing list archives

From Nathaniel Reed <n...@seastar.jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject ant javac skips directory
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 19:39:26 GMT
Hi,

Can anyone give me some pointers on why ant is skipping one of my
packages?

I have a project with several packages in my src directory, eg.

myproject
myproject/A
myproject/A/a
myproject/B <- Skipped
myproject/B/b
myproject/C/c

When I do "ant compile," I see the output:

FileSet: Setup file scanner in dir {my-home}/WEB-INF/src/java with
PatternSet { includes: [] excludes: [] }

    [javac] myproject/Hello.java omitted as
{my-home}/WEB-INF/classes/myproject/Hello.class is up to date.

The 'javac' task goes through most of the directories except one, and
there are no messages about the skipped directory.

Earlier, because I had just added new classes in A which depend on B,
and had done a clean, the new classes wouldn't compile as Java does not
detect dependencies and Ant would not compile the old classes in B.

So, I manually compiled these classes to my output directory.  Now,
however, Ant continues to fail to scan the directory 'B', which results
in my changes to classes in B not being compiled. (unless I do it on the
command line with 'javac')

(There is nothing special about the package B; I checked -- all the
.java files properly declare the package they belong to, all the perms
are the same, etc.)

Any ideas?

--
Nate Reed
Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center