ant-user mailing list archives

Subject [newbie] How to display values pointed to by refid
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 22:48:53 GMT

This is a newbie question. In a build.xml (tomcat), pathelement and
fileset are used to create a path with id of "compile.classpath" and
used in many places. How do I display the values generated?

This on an NT system. No luck in using echo or exec [to run an
external bat file] in the build.xml file to display the values.
Obviously I must be missing something really basic :-(  Tried
searching list archive, but could not find the answer. Can anyone
post a code snippet to display values pointed to by a refid?
Any help will be appreciated!

p.s. The generated values or usage seem to be wrong as I can
     compile by commenting out the classpath. The usage is
     <classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>. Tried running with
     -verbose and -debug. The incorrect directory path appears
     only at point of usage [somehow pwd - current working
     directory - seems to get added in front of a proper value].

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message