ant-user mailing list archives

From Johan Adelöw <>
Subject Problem with failing exec task
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 08:28:15 GMT
We have been using ant to build and install our product for quite a while
using jdk1.2.2 and it has always been working on all operating systems. Now
when switching to jdk1.3 we have encountered a problem.
We use the ant exec task to launch Oracles loadjava functionality and I think
that thisone consumes quite a bit of memory. When usink java 1.3 the exec
task fails with different messages on different OS.

On windows it is the following error message.

     [echo] Truncating java-tables before load
      [sql] Executing commands
      [sql] 1 of 1 SQL statements executed successfully
     [echo] Loading navutil.jar

C:\Corus\DEMO_ODD\inst\utilities.xml:64: Execute failed:
CreateProcess: C:\Oracle\Ora81\bin\loadjava -u demo/demo@unews:1521:upepc -r
-t c:/Corus/Corus22/navajo/1_3_0/lib/navutil.jar error=2

Total time: 14 minutes 45 seconds

I think that the problem must be ant-java related since it has been working
fine for ages using jdk1.2 an now it fails when using jdk1.3
(loadjava is a bat or shellscript that launches another wm that uses Oracles
old jdk1.1.7 and this (this has to be so))
Have you encountered someting like this? Any ideas?

Johan Adelöw

Corus Technologies AB

        Corus Quicklink is a tool that automates the integration process to
make you more successful in the connected economy.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message