ant-user mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (AG, COMM)" <>
Subject Setting Enviroment alias in properties file - CLARIFICATION
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 14:40:34 GMT
I apologize.  Let me clarify.

I know that you can alias the system properties by using the following:
<property environment="env">
This allows me to access system variables such as env.CLASSPATH.  (This

My project has been decomposed into several small projects, each with its
own build.xml file.  When I build a sub project, I call only the subprojects
build.xml.  When making the entire project, the master build.xml file calls
each individual subproject build.xml file.
I would like to avoid putting the following statement into each build file:
<property environment="env">

My initial reaction was to put the name value pair:
into the file.  This declaration does not work the same as
using the entire property statement.  I did not put the statement <property
environment="env"> in the master build file because it is not called when I
only build a subproject.

No back to my question.  Is there another "aliasing"  the environmental
variables without putting the statement <property environment="env"> in
every build file?

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message