ant-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject changing the main initialization procedure
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 14:01:17 GMT
Hi,

I have written a simple templatization mechanism for Ant buildfiles, which
basically lets me create a buildfile for a project.  What I'd like to do now
is to change the initialization procedure of Ant so that it first creates a
buildfile from the template if it is missing or out of date with respect to
the template.  But I'm not quite sure what's the best place to make these
changes.  The options I see are:

- writing a custom shell script which checks if the buildfile needs to be
created (or updated) before handing over to ant
- adapting org.apache.tools.ant.Main to do that piece of work first
- or even at a lower level (ProjectHelper)

I think the various aproaches have their pros and cons.  But if I also want
the <ant> task to use the template mechanism I probably have to write my own
ProjectHelper aswell, right?  Then my next question is: How do I plug in my
own ProjectHelper?

Thanks in advance,

--
knut