ant-user mailing list archives

From Eugene Voytitsky <...@sunbay.com>
Subject Re[2]: Bug in replace?
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 13:18:02 GMT
Hello Stefan,

Tuesday, May 21, 2002, 7:24:40 PM, you wrote:

SB> On Tue, 21 May 2002, Eugene Voytitsky <viy@sunbay.com> wrote:

>> 0. OS=W2K, Ant=1.4.1

SB> Supposed to be fixed in 1.5 - could you please verify it works as
SB> expected in 1.5beta?

I found that bug still present in 1.5.beta1.

Moreover behaviour is changed:
so when performs replacing in locked file a.xxx
1.4.1  produces temp file a.xxx.temp
1.5.b1 produces temp file
<first3letters_of_target_name><random_number_value>.tmp

PS. Little appendix to buggy behaviour in 1.4.1:
when I try to launch target twice (on locked file)
I get following (reasonable :) message at second attempt:

Replace: temporary file a.xxx.temp already exists

1.5.b1 doesn't show one because it generates random filenames.
(But after big enough amount of attempts it may generate duplicate
and this message will appear also :))

--
Best regards,
Eugene Voytitsky                            mailto:viy@sunbay.com