ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Agnew <brianag...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Setting Enviroment alias in properties file - CLARIFICATION
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 15:34:50 GMT
Not sure if I'm solving your particular problem, but I have several build.xmls
which can be invoked separately or together. I keep my properties in a separate
build.properties.xml file, and then reference this in each build.xml using:

<!DOCTYPE name [
  <!ENTITY properties SYSTEM "./build.properties.xml">
]>

&properties;

which is a bit of a mouthful but works well.

Brian

 --- "White, Joshua A (AG, COMM)" <Joshua.White@thehartford.com> wrote: > It's
just redundant.

> We use a properties file to eliminate this kind of redundancy.  It would be
> nice if I could put environment="env" in the properties file, and ant would
> figure it out.  I just thought that there would be an easier way.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.
>
> Joshua

=====
Brian Agnew                  http://www.oopsconsultancy.com
OOPS Consultancy Ltd         brian@oopsconsultancy.com