ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anthony W. Marino" <anth...@AWMObjects.com>
Subject Re: Java Development with Ant (was Re: Ant: The Definitive Guide (Orielly))
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 14:16:31 GMT
> Yes, Steve wrote a fairly extensive section on the <cc> task and described
> its nice architecture.
>
> I did a write-up on the other ant-contrib tasks, with examples of each
> (even the controversial <if> task! :)
>
> I believe the hope is that the <cc> task and its datatypes will migrate to
> the Ant core when its ready.  Either way, its definitely good stuff and
> should close the gap between Ant and make even more.

I would certainly love to see that migration when ready, of course.  I'm using
ant and avoiding make as much as possible.

Thanks for the coverage!  It appears that your book will have a COMPLETE
handle on ant and it's significant others (red ants, army ants, fire ants,
atom ant , Aunt Tillie ... - Getting too much sleep as of late...> 4hrs! ).

Thanks Again Guys for the forthcoming book!!!
Anthony