ant-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Hunsicker" <developm...@hunsicker.de>
Subject Jar and index lists
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 16:20:20 GMT
FYI,

using the new "index" attribute of the <jar> task can be dangerous in
that the IBM JRE 1.3.0 fails to work with such "optimized" .jars.
Everything works fine with Sun JDK 1.3.1 or 1.4.

Specifically, loading ResourceBundles via
ResourceBundle.getBundle(String) will result in
MissingResourceExceptions (Tested under W2K, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build
cn130-20010502).

If I renamed the index list entry "INDEX.LIST" to "Index.List" the
error vanished. I don't know if this is spec-compliant but the Sun jar
utilitly uses "Index.List" too...

So, I would state this as a bug in the IBM implementation but changing
the constant INDEX_NAME in Jar.java to be mixed case could serve as a
workaround...

Cheers,
Marco