ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS on Linux via SSH Problem from a Windows 2000 Machine
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 04:00:28 GMT
On Wed, 22 May 2002 07:12, Mattos, John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I mentioned, I'm having a problem checking out code on my Windows 2000
> machine. the CVS repository is called indabweb and I access it through ssh.
>
> Here is a snippet of my build.xml
>
> <!-- Snippet -->
> <!--cvs cvsRoot=":extssh:jmattos@vc30:/usr/local/indabweb"
>        	package="IndabWeb/webApplication"
>        	dest="../.."/-->
> <!-- End Snippet -->
>
> I get the following error:
> BuildException: C:\Program Files\IBM\Application
> Developer\workspace\IndabWeb\ant\build.xml:34: java.io.IOException:
> CreateProcess: cvs -d :extssh:jmattos@vc30:/usr/local/indabweb checkout
> IndabWeb/webApplication error=2.
>
> The package does exist, I can check it out using WinCVS, and I'm connected
> to the repository in WSAD using that exact connection string.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

I'm pretty sure that the cvs command-line tool does not support the :extssh:
access method, which you are trying to use (in your cvsroot).  Your best bet
would be to get the checkout to work from the command-line first, using the
'cvs' command.  Then, once that is working properly, use the same cvs root in
the <cvs> task.

--
Adam